Army Gen. Martin Dempsey told Congress he would recommend that the United States consider deploying ground forces to Iraq if President Barack Obama's expanded air campaign to destroy ISIL militants fails.
- Dempsey: If campaign fails, ground troops possible
- Iraq PM orders halt to shelling of civilian areas
- Ukraine PM slams Putin, ceasefire again under strain in east Ukraine
- 'New' Scots vote crucial to independence result
- Ferry sinks in Philippines
- US gov't warns citizens of terror plot in Uganda
- AfDB offers $150 mln to help West Africa handle Ebola fallout
European stocks fell, with a regional index hitting a two-week low, as this week's referendum on independence in Scotland and the Federal Reserve's policy meeting kept investors on edge.
- Europe stocks slip as Fed jitters eclipse M&A fever
- Brazil prosecutor seeks to freeze $641 mln in Batista's assets
- U.S. steps up sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- U.S. stocks fall on rate hike worries, dollar rises
- France breaks 2015 deficit-cutting promise
- U.S. job growth brakes to eight-month low, labor force shrinks
- European shares hit 6-1/2 yr high as ECB ramps up stimulus
The World Health Organization said the number of Ebola cases in West Africa could start doubling every three weeks and it could end up costing nearly $1 billion to contain the crisis.
- UN: Nearly $1 billion needed now to stop Ebola
- WHO pleads for more healthworkers to combat Ebola
- Long-awaited diet pill gets U.S. approval
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Liberian official: Country is at war with Ebola
- Rare Enterovirus 68 Sickens US Children
- WHO: Use Ebola survivors' blood to treat patients
Science & Tech
Many customers will have to wait three to four weeks to get their hands on Apple Inc's larger screen iPhone 6 Plus after pre-orders for Sept. 19 delivery were booked out within hours.
- New iPhone 6 Plus pre-order shipments to be delayed by a month
- Erdogan approves law tightening Turkey's Internet controls
- Apple pushes digital wallet with Apple Pay
- Apple to add security alerts for iCloud users
- New Samsung phone with side display for holidays
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- Apple invites media to Sept. 9 event; new iPhones anticipated
It seems like the US is preparing for the fight against ISIS on many fronts. Ebru's Kyle Schmoyer has more on that story.
The Most Popular Videos
- Osama bin Laden