Canada vowed to toughen laws against terrorism as an opinion poll showed a majority of Canadians lacked confidence in their security services' ability to deter homegrown radicals who struck twice in the past week.
- Canada vows tougher laws as citizens worry in face of attacks
- Governor of Mexican state where students disappeared stands down
- Kurds reject Erdogan report of deal with Syrian rebels to aid Kobani
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks
- Moscow airport chief resigns after Total crash
- Brazil's president widens lead in polls ahead of Sunday vote
- ISIS militants seize Iraq village
U.S. stocks advanced on Friday, buoyed by gains in Microsoft and Procter & Gamble after their quarterly results and as steps towards expediting the development of vaccines for Ebola eased concerns over its possible spread in the United States.
- Wall St climbs on Procter & Gamble, Microsoft
- Wall Street jumps 1 pct in broad rally on results
- Government ups air bag warning to 7.8M vehicles
- Ukraine asks for big EU loan during gas standoff
- Egypt signs with six international firms to dredge new Suez Canal
- Russia, Ukraine reach tentative gas deal in tough Milan talks
- Chrysler recalling nearly 907,000 cars, SUVs
The governors of New Jersey and New York ordered a mandatory, 21-day quarantine for all medical workers and other arriving travelers who have had contact with victims of the deadly disease in West Africa.
- Two US states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- WHO: Millions of Ebola vaccine doses ready in 2015
- New York tests doctor who was in West Africa for Ebola
- Official WHO Ebola death toll near 5,000
- WHO: Ebola vaccine trials in W. Africa in January
- CDC releases revised Ebola gear guidelines
Science & Tech
Queen Elizabeth II has sent her first tweet during a visit to central London's Science Museum.
- Queen sends her first tweet, signed 'Elizabeth R'
- Nokia turnaround since handset unit sale continues
- U.S. Air Force lands robotic X-37B space plane in California
- Apple introduces slimmer iPad
- Spacewalking astronauts begin preparing station for new space taxis
- German vice chancellor urges stricter rules for Google and peers
- Romneys support neurological research
Ebru's Kyle Schmoyer examines Turkey's role in the fight against ISIL.
The Most Popular Videos
- Osama bin Laden