Iraq's prime minister ordered the army to stop shelling populated areas held by militants in order to spare the lives of "innocent victims" as the armed forces struggle to retake cities and towns seized by the ISIS this summer.
- Iraq PM orders halt to shelling of civilian areas
- Ukraine PM slams Putin, ceasefire again under strain in east Ukraine
- 'New' Scots vote crucial to independence result
- Ferry sinks in Philippines
- US gov't warns citizens of terror plot in Uganda
- AfDB offers $150 mln to help West Africa handle Ebola fallout
- Kerry says no to Iran's help against ISIS
Brazil federal prosecutors filed criminal charges against Eike Batista, accusing the fallen tycoon of market manipulation and seeking to freeze up to $641 million worth of his financial assets and properties.
- Brazil prosecutor seeks to freeze $641 mln in Batista's assets
- U.S. steps up sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- U.S. stocks fall on rate hike worries, dollar rises
- France breaks 2015 deficit-cutting promise
- U.S. job growth brakes to eight-month low, labor force shrinks
- European shares hit 6-1/2 yr high as ECB ramps up stimulus
- EU considers widening ban on Russian borrowing
As the death toll rose to more than 2,400 people, the World Health Organization is renewing a call for health workers from around the world to go to the region to help.
- WHO pleads for more healthworkers to combat Ebola
- Long-awaited diet pill gets U.S. approval
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
- Liberian official: Country is at war with Ebola
- Rare Enterovirus 68 Sickens US Children
- WHO: Use Ebola survivors' blood to treat patients
- WHO urges drug companies, regulators to speed Ebola work
Science & Tech
Many customers will have to wait three to four weeks to get their hands on Apple Inc's larger screen iPhone 6 Plus after pre-orders for Sept. 19 delivery were booked out within hours.
- New iPhone 6 Plus pre-order shipments to be delayed by a month
- Erdogan approves law tightening Turkey's Internet controls
- Apple pushes digital wallet with Apple Pay
- Apple to add security alerts for iCloud users
- New Samsung phone with side display for holidays
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- Apple invites media to Sept. 9 event; new iPhones anticipated
Ebru's Kyle Schmoyer speaks with experts about what they think President Obama will do in Iraq and Syria.
The Most Popular Videos
- Osama bin Laden