Boehner on Obama: 'The emperor has no clothes'
House Speaker John Boehner says President Barack Obama is making the most powerful office in the world look "smaller."
The Ohio Republican said Thursday Obama is "wasting time on a fake fight" with lawmakers over student loans while ignoring major issues like jobs and the economy.
He says Obama's trips this week - to three big universities in swing states - are campaign stops and that the Obama campaign should reimburse taxpayers for the trips.
Boehner says trying to make efforts to prevent an increase in student loan interest rates a campaign issue is "pathetic" and that "the emperor has no clothes."
- Russia: Syrian regime may take part in peace talks
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Stretched By Riots, Swedish Police Call Reinforcements
- Cameron: This Will Make Us Stronger
- Obama Limits Use Of US Drone Strikes, Offers Steps To Close Guantanamo
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest
- Pistorius, Semenya off Olympic funding program
- N.Korea Willing To Take China's Advice To Start Talks
- Evening News, May 22, 2013