French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- WHO: Number of Ebola cases passes 10,000
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- South Korea group launches anti-North leaflets amid threats from Pyongyang
- Mussolini air raid shelter opens to tourists
- Jack Bruce, bassist of 60's band Cream, dies at 71
- Canada's Parliament Hill reopens following Wednesday shooting
- Kurdish militants kill three soldiers in southeast Turkey
- Ukraine leader seeks support for pro-Europe course
- Cameron furious over EU surprise bill
- Two US states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones