French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Massive crowds, world leaders to honor Mandela
- France increases its Troops In C. African Republic
- Iranian president defends interim nuclear deal
- Russia-Ukraine talks fuel suspicion, anger in Kiev
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran
- 8 killed in Colombia bomb attack blamed on FARC
- Deal to boost global trade reached at WTO summit
- Aide to N. Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum
- World Cup draw opens door for game's big guns
- Yemen regains ministry compound, kills 11 militants