French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Jordanian warplanes destroy vehicles crossing from Syria
- Pistorius trial: Defense tries to build case
- 20 killed in new Nigeria attack
- Accused Boston bomber's attorneys to seek records on family
- Iraq: Abu Ghraib prison closure not permanent
- Algerian election faces disaffected populace
- Russian economy hit by Ukraine turmoil
- Berlusconi given community service for tax conviction
- Chile leader to relocate Valparaiso fire victims