French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Dumanli: No turning back from democracy, freedoms in Turkey
- Turkish court orders arrest warrant for cleric Gulen
- EU survey reveals growing Turkish distrust of own gov't
- FBI blames North Korea for Sony hack
- UN chief visits Ebola-hit West Africa
- NY Times Op-Ed:Turkey’s Descent Into Paranoia
- CPJ report: Turkey world’s 10th most dangerous country for journalists
- Statement from Samanyolu Group on detention of journalists in Turkey
- Media freedom R.I.P.?
- Putin says Russia economy will be cured but offers no remedy