French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Sierra Leone to shut down for 3 days to slow Ebola
- French president quizzed over domestic failures
- Rob Ford releases audio statement from hospital
- Alibaba symbol of China's new tech giants
- Scots vote on independence
- Border standoff dominates China Xi's visit to India
- Turkey announces strategy to bolster EU accession bid
- Ukraine reports sporadic violations of cease-fire
- Nuclear deal elusive as Iran, six powers resume talks
- iPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset