French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast
- Ukraine's Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out of car and at cafe
- Offensive in Somalia sees militants flee 5 towns
- Libyan parliament sacks prime minister
- UN: 5.5 million Syrian children affected by war
- Death of Turkish boy hurt in protests triggers further unrest
- Deadly rebel ambush stokes Indian election worries
- Elephants prove discerning listeners of us humans
- Over 95 pct of Chinese cities failed to meet environmental standards