French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Thousands pay last respects to slain Putin critic
- Netanyahu: Planned deal frees Iran to build nuclear arms
- MHP leader says Kurdish peace process will ‘ruin’ Turkey
- Kiev: OSCE to monitor truce violation areas
- Bereaved view MH17 wreckage at Dutch base
- African leaders urge 'Marshall Plan' for Ebola recovery
- Supporters rally for embattled Argentine president
- Kerry, Lavrov in 'hopeful' talks as Ukraine toll tops 6,000
- New target of gov’t oppression: Outspoken journalist Baransu
- Netanyahu denies split with US over speech