French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- WHO: Ebola appears to be slowing in Liberia
- EU, UN condemn Ukraine rebels' election plans
- Rescuers press to save 18 trapped Turkish miners
- More than 100 believed killed in Sri Lanka landslide
- Kurdish convoy heads to Syria to take on ISIS
- Zambia's Scott becomes Africa's first white leader in 20 years
- More pay and perks promised to German soldiers as numbers dwindle
- Supply rocket headed to space station explodes
- Iraqi peshmerga fighters head for Syria to fight ISIS
- Australia bans travel from Ebola-hit countries