French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- New Saudi king seeks to reassure on succession and policy
- Signs emerge of major Ukraine rebel offensive looming
- Syrian air strike on rebel area kills more than 40
- Ousted Thai PM Yingluck banned from politics, faces criminal charges
- Opposition plans to appeal to top court to cancel graft vote on Bagis
- ISIS deadline on Japanese captives passes with no word on fate
- Hollande, leaders call for investments in the green economy
- Sierra Leone lifts Ebola quarantine measures amid progress
- Argentina's Fernandez says prosecutor's death was not suicide
- Ousted Thai PM challenges rice subsidy impeachment case