French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- American journalist beheaded in video
- Turkey's Gul reveals Davutoglu as new prime minister
- Liberian police shoot to disperse Ebola protest, toll hits 1,350
- Militants attack major air base in eastern Syria
- Opposition leader Khan opens talks with Pakistan gov't over protests
- UAE ruler approves lengthy counter-terrorism law
- Israel, Gaza militants trade fire after talks fail
- ICRC team enters eastern Ukraine to smooth way for Russian convoy
- WikiLeaks' Assange hopes to exit London embassy if UK lets him
- Argentina car crash kills 3 relatives of pope