French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Attack on UN office leaves at least 12 dead
- Karzai sets new conditions for talks with Taliban
- Turkish government, protesters seek to draw sting from unrest
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Syrian warplanes strike rebel posts in Aleppo
- Evening News, June 18, 2013
- Greece's public TV still off despite court ruling
- Demonstrators flood Brazilian streets in protest
- US, Taliban to start talks on ending Afghan war
- Lawyer for Gadhafi son wants him handed to ICC