French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- ISIL takes control of ancient Palmyra
- More than 60,000 refugees from Burundi have fled to Tanzania
- Governor declares emergency as California cleans oil spill
- ‘Prosecutor’s attempt to silence critical media an assassination attempt’
- US, Britain fine six top banks nearly $6 bn for forex, Libor abuses
- Iran rules out nuclear inspections of military sites
- Ousted Thai PM proclaims innocence as criminal trial starts
- Merkel and Hollande urge speedy Greece deal
- Burundi on edge as police clash with protesters
- Çavuşoğlu: No judiciary member could order to silence critical media