French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Journalist Baransu gets 10 months in jail for insulting Erdoğan, faces travel ban
- Turkey parliament fails to elect speaker after two votes
- At least 116 feared dead in Indonesia military plane crash
- Iran's Zarif back at nuclear talks seeking 'just' deal
- Turkey aims to ensure security at Syrian border
- Zero hour offer as Greece lurches towards default
- Egypt's Sisi pledges tougher laws after prosecutor killing
- Liberia announces return of Ebola
- Israel snubs UN rights body over Gaza war report
- Cairo bomb kills top Egypt prosecutor