French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- US evacuates embassy in Libya amid clashes
- Malaysian prime minister to travel to Netherlands
- Turkish court orders arrest of 12 more police officers in wiretap probe
- UN finds second black box of Air Algerie jet
- North Korea fires short-range missile into sea
- Protestors march on Ebola center in Sierra Leone
- Ukraine launches offensive to retake Donetsk
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce
- Venezuela's Maduro combats dissidence among ruling socialists
- Lufthansa, Air France to resume Tel Aviv flights