French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Families of ferry's lost confront South Korea officials
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Ukraine forces kill 5 rebels
- Israel suspends peace talks with Palestinians
- Brazil investigates possible Mad Cow case
- Mexico steps back from telecom, Internet limits
- Two policemen, militant killed in Egypt
- Syrian activists accuse Assad of new gas attacks
- Moscow, Ukraine meeting for energy talks as EU frees gas for Kiev