French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- US pulling out Patriot missile batteries from Turkey
- Turkish journalist Bülent Keneş arrested on charge of ‘insulting’ Erdoğan
- Digiturk users cancel subscriptions after critical stations dropped
- Pentagon abandons program training Syrian rebels
- Tunisian democracy group wins Nobel Peace Prize
- FIFA suspends Blatter and Platini for 90 days
- Twitter faces block in Turkey over Fuat Avni’s tweets about Bilal Erdoğan
- Digiturk stops streaming critical TV outlets
- Turkey appeals for NATO to keep Patriot defense systems
- Belarusian Alexievich wins 2015 Nobel literature prize