French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Airlines ban flights to Israel after rocket strike
- Train with MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine air base
- EU imposes new sanctions against Russian officials
- 11 parents of Nigeria's abducted girls die
- IAEA worried about slow progress in Iran nuclear probe
- Defying allies, France to deliver first warship to Russia
- UN: "No safe place for civilians" in Gaza
- Typhoon deaths rise to 151 as China reports more
- Jakarta governor wins Indonesian presidency
- Kony's rebels change tactics to evade hunt