French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Germanwings crash co-pilot hid 'illness' from airline
- Turkey passes tough new security bill
- IPI report: Democracy ’at risk’ in Turkey
- Saudi Arabia pounds Yemen rebel camps
- Muiznieks condemns sentence against cartoonists, urges Turkey to decriminalize defamation
- Saudi Arabia launches strikes on Yemen rebels
- Amanda Knox to learn fate in Italy murder conviction
- Netanyahu apologizes publicly for Arab Israeli remarks
- Egypt signs up to Ethiopian Nile dam, citing trust
- Australian geologists uncover largest asteroid crater on Earth