French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Iran leader approves further nuclear negotiations
- Chinese-built Ebola center dedicated in Liberia
- Colombia FARC free 2 soldiers, vow to release general by weekend
- 7 senior officials arrested in Thai police scandal
- Mexico's government poised to unveil law and order measures
- Iran nuke talks face obstacles even with more time
- Report: British intelligence could not have stopped soldier's murder
- Hong Kong attempts to clear unruly protest site
- St. Louis suburb smolders after racially charged riots
- Japan earthquake collapses homes, causes injuries