French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Police raid İpek Media Group in AK Party-led media crackdown
- Ukraine reels from clashes as third policeman dies
- Budapest main train station closed to migrants
- Second foreigner held over Bangkok bomb
- Press rights groups call for Turkey to release Vice News journalists
- Police seek new suspects in Bangkok blast as more bomb materials found
- Exports continue to suffer following 16 pct. decline in July
- CHP’s Kılıçdaroğlu says Erdoğan control inevitable in election government
- Deadly clashes in Kiev over autonomy plan for rebel regions
- 71 migrants perish in Austria truck tragedy