French defense official says French fighter jet has fired on Libyan military vehicle.
A French official says a French fighter jet has fired on a Libyan military vehicle, in a first reported strike in the international campaign to enforce a no-fly zone.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike was reported around 1645 GMT Saturday.
Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind.
- Iran nuclear talks may be extended as U.S. sees "big gaps"
- Turkey trains Kurdish peshmerga forces in fight against ISIS
- Mali: New Ebola case confirmed, 2 more suspected
- Japan earthquake collapses homes, causes injuries
- France's Sarkozy wants EU to lose half its powers
- Obama signs order expanding U.S. Afghanistan role
- Somalia's al-Shabab kills 28 non-Muslims in Kenya
- Ferguson experiences 3rd straight night of unrest
- Bahrain holds its first major vote since unrest
- Polish PM: no repeat of bungled local elections