Obama Wax Statue Unveiled At Eiffel Tower
People visiting France now have the chance to get a first-hand look at President Barack Obama.
With the Eiffel Tower as a backdrop... a wax figure of President Obama is unveiled in Paris
The statue will be place in the famed Grevin French Wax Museum alongside other heads of state including French President Nicolas Sarkozy, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Emily Artes, American tourist:
"It looks really cool, we all, actually on the bus and we were joking about how he actually looked like Obama, everyone was joking that he was actually here and that we were going take pictures with him and stuff."
Founded in 1882, the Grevin wax museum recreates the world's greatest events and people.
The waxwork of President Obama will join nearly the recreations of almost all US Presidents since 1882.
Sculptor Eric Saint Chaffray explained that it wasn't easy to create a model of a man that he had never met, relying solely on press releases and photos.
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to 5 years in prison
- Hong Kong students put their case to govt, but no breakthrough
- WHO: Ebola vaccine trials in W. Africa in January
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Egypt signs with six international firms to dredge new Suez Canal
- Mexico captures leader of gang suspected of student massacre
- U.S.-led strike kills 8 in ISIS-held Syria town
- Sweden boosts forces to search for "foreign underwater activity"
- Cubans, U.S. troops could work side-by-side in Ebola fight
- Morocco says Algerian soldier fired on Moroccans at border, summons envoy