Obama Wax Statue Unveiled At Eiffel Tower
People visiting France now have the chance to get a first-hand look at President Barack Obama.
With the Eiffel Tower as a backdrop... a wax figure of President Obama is unveiled in Paris
The statue will be place in the famed Grevin French Wax Museum alongside other heads of state including French President Nicolas Sarkozy, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Emily Artes, American tourist:
"It looks really cool, we all, actually on the bus and we were joking about how he actually looked like Obama, everyone was joking that he was actually here and that we were going take pictures with him and stuff."
Founded in 1882, the Grevin wax museum recreates the world's greatest events and people.
The waxwork of President Obama will join nearly the recreations of almost all US Presidents since 1882.
Sculptor Eric Saint Chaffray explained that it wasn't easy to create a model of a man that he had never met, relying solely on press releases and photos.
- WHO: Number of Ebola cases passes 10,000
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- South Korea group launches anti-North leaflets amid threats from Pyongyang
- Mussolini air raid shelter opens to tourists
- Jack Bruce, bassist of 60's band Cream, dies at 71
- Canada's Parliament Hill reopens following Wednesday shooting
- Kurdish militants kill three soldiers in southeast Turkey
- Ukraine leader seeks support for pro-Europe course
- Cameron furious over EU surprise bill
- Two US states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones