Obama Wax Statue Unveiled At Eiffel Tower
People visiting France now have the chance to get a first-hand look at President Barack Obama.
With the Eiffel Tower as a backdrop... a wax figure of President Obama is unveiled in Paris
The statue will be place in the famed Grevin French Wax Museum alongside other heads of state including French President Nicolas Sarkozy, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Emily Artes, American tourist:
"It looks really cool, we all, actually on the bus and we were joking about how he actually looked like Obama, everyone was joking that he was actually here and that we were going take pictures with him and stuff."
Founded in 1882, the Grevin wax museum recreates the world's greatest events and people.
The waxwork of President Obama will join nearly the recreations of almost all US Presidents since 1882.
Sculptor Eric Saint Chaffray explained that it wasn't easy to create a model of a man that he had never met, relying solely on press releases and photos.
- Army chief takes power after Burkina president bows to protests
- Virgin Galactic spaceship crashes during Calif. test flight
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter
- Heavy security as Israel reopens Jerusalem site
- Canada imposes visa ban on nations where Ebola raging
- Liberia opens 1 of largest Ebola treatment centers
- Gazprom to resume gas supply once Ukraine pays $2.2 bln
- China to send elite army unit to help fight Ebola in Liberia
- 2 boys sue govt, Malaysia Airlines over Flight 370
- Ebola: Danger in Sierra Leone, progress in Liberia