Obama Wax Statue Unveiled At Eiffel Tower
People visiting France now have the chance to get a first-hand look at President Barack Obama.
With the Eiffel Tower as a backdrop... a wax figure of President Obama is unveiled in Paris
The statue will be place in the famed Grevin French Wax Museum alongside other heads of state including French President Nicolas Sarkozy, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Emily Artes, American tourist:
"It looks really cool, we all, actually on the bus and we were joking about how he actually looked like Obama, everyone was joking that he was actually here and that we were going take pictures with him and stuff."
Founded in 1882, the Grevin wax museum recreates the world's greatest events and people.
The waxwork of President Obama will join nearly the recreations of almost all US Presidents since 1882.
Sculptor Eric Saint Chaffray explained that it wasn't easy to create a model of a man that he had never met, relying solely on press releases and photos.
- Russian warships launch rockets on ISIL in Syria
- MSF calls for independent inquiry into US attack on Afghan hospital
- PACE concerned over Turkey’s media, political suppression
- Prosecutor objects to release 6 of 7 suspects in Ahmet Hakan assault
- Journalist Sedef Kabaş acquitted in trial over critical tweet by İstanbul court
- EU draft proposal on refugees offers cash to Turkey to block migrant flows
- Ex-UN General Assembly president, 5 others charged in bribe scheme
- Kajita, McDonald win Nobel physics prize for neutrino
- Turkish Central Bank reserves in steep decline
- Zaman daily Editor-in-Chief Dumanlı quits post due to pressure on media