Obama Wax Statue Unveiled At Eiffel Tower
People visiting France now have the chance to get a first-hand look at President Barack Obama.
With the Eiffel Tower as a backdrop... a wax figure of President Obama is unveiled in Paris
The statue will be place in the famed Grevin French Wax Museum alongside other heads of state including French President Nicolas Sarkozy, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Emily Artes, American tourist:
"It looks really cool, we all, actually on the bus and we were joking about how he actually looked like Obama, everyone was joking that he was actually here and that we were going take pictures with him and stuff."
Founded in 1882, the Grevin wax museum recreates the world's greatest events and people.
The waxwork of President Obama will join nearly the recreations of almost all US Presidents since 1882.
Sculptor Eric Saint Chaffray explained that it wasn't easy to create a model of a man that he had never met, relying solely on press releases and photos.
- Crimea votes to join Russia, accelerating Ukraine crisis
- Witness feared Pistorius might kill himself after shooting girlfriend
- Niger extradites Gaddafi's son Saadi to Libya
- Bombings, clashes in Iraq kill at least 42
- 66 students expelled for cheering Pakistan cricket
- France's Sarkozy suing over secret audio recordings
- Congress set to take 1st steps on Ukraine, Russia
- Tunisia ends state of emergency after 3 years
- Clinton slams Putin, a day after her Hitler remark
- Rebekah Brooks denies covering up tabloid hacking