Obama Wax Statue Unveiled At Eiffel Tower
People visiting France now have the chance to get a first-hand look at President Barack Obama.
With the Eiffel Tower as a backdrop... a wax figure of President Obama is unveiled in Paris
The statue will be place in the famed Grevin French Wax Museum alongside other heads of state including French President Nicolas Sarkozy, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Emily Artes, American tourist:
"It looks really cool, we all, actually on the bus and we were joking about how he actually looked like Obama, everyone was joking that he was actually here and that we were going take pictures with him and stuff."
Founded in 1882, the Grevin wax museum recreates the world's greatest events and people.
The waxwork of President Obama will join nearly the recreations of almost all US Presidents since 1882.
Sculptor Eric Saint Chaffray explained that it wasn't easy to create a model of a man that he had never met, relying solely on press releases and photos.
- EU leaders pick Italian as bloc's new top diplomat
- Saudi king warns of terrorist threat to Europe, US
- California lawmakers pass first US plastic bag ban
- Rebuilding Gaza will take 20 years, group says
- WFP says it needs $70 mln to feed people in Ebola quarantine
- 22 miners rescued from Nicaragua gold mine after landslide
- Clashes at Stockholm protest against neo-Nazis
- Egypt court gives 8 Muslim Brotherhood members life sentences
- Bombings kills 13 in Iraq
- BRIC wall: Brazil's economy slips into a recession