Obama Wax Statue Unveiled At Eiffel Tower
People visiting France now have the chance to get a first-hand look at President Barack Obama.
With the Eiffel Tower as a backdrop... a wax figure of President Obama is unveiled in Paris
The statue will be place in the famed Grevin French Wax Museum alongside other heads of state including French President Nicolas Sarkozy, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Emily Artes, American tourist:
"It looks really cool, we all, actually on the bus and we were joking about how he actually looked like Obama, everyone was joking that he was actually here and that we were going take pictures with him and stuff."
Founded in 1882, the Grevin wax museum recreates the world's greatest events and people.
The waxwork of President Obama will join nearly the recreations of almost all US Presidents since 1882.
Sculptor Eric Saint Chaffray explained that it wasn't easy to create a model of a man that he had never met, relying solely on press releases and photos.
- Airlines ban flights to Israel after rocket strike
- Train with MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine air base
- EU imposes new sanctions against Russian officials
- 11 parents of Nigeria's abducted girls die
- IAEA worried about slow progress in Iran nuclear probe
- Defying allies, France to deliver first warship to Russia
- UN: "No safe place for civilians" in Gaza
- Typhoon deaths rise to 151 as China reports more
- Jakarta governor wins Indonesian presidency
- Kony's rebels change tactics to evade hunt