Obama Wax Statue Unveiled At Eiffel Tower
People visiting France now have the chance to get a first-hand look at President Barack Obama.
With the Eiffel Tower as a backdrop... a wax figure of President Obama is unveiled in Paris
The statue will be place in the famed Grevin French Wax Museum alongside other heads of state including French President Nicolas Sarkozy, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.
Emily Artes, American tourist:
"It looks really cool, we all, actually on the bus and we were joking about how he actually looked like Obama, everyone was joking that he was actually here and that we were going take pictures with him and stuff."
Founded in 1882, the Grevin wax museum recreates the world's greatest events and people.
The waxwork of President Obama will join nearly the recreations of almost all US Presidents since 1882.
Sculptor Eric Saint Chaffray explained that it wasn't easy to create a model of a man that he had never met, relying solely on press releases and photos.
- UN: Syria death toll tops 190,000, rights envoy raps world powers
- Draghi: ECB can't do it all, governments must act
- Ebola spreads in Nigeria; Liberia has 1,000 deaths
- MH17 bodies returned as Malaysia battles fallout
- Rains raise search risk after Japan landslides
- U.S. considering taking fight against ISIS into Syria
- Hamas executes 18 alleged collaborators in Gaza
- Iraq militants kill 64 in attack on Sunni mosque
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border
- South Korean ferry mourners tire of activists seizing their cause