France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- Over 280 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes
- Pistorius trial: Defense tries to build case
- Accused Boston bomber's attorneys to seek records on family
- Berlusconi given community service for tax conviction
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Robot sub returns to water
- Ukraine launches "special operation" against separatists
- Boston Marks Anniversary Of Bombing With Somber Ceremonies
- Prosecutor accuses Pistorius at end of questioning
- Chile leader to relocate Valparaiso fire victims