France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- Malaysia jet victims' bodies arrive in Netherlands
- European carriers suspend more Tel Aviv flights
- Plane crashes in Taiwan, 47 trapped, feared dead
- Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- Bombs in Nigeria's Kaduna kill 82, ex-leader Buhari targeted
- House GOP: Send National Guard, speed removals
- IAEA worried about slow progress in Iran nuclear probe
- Defying allies, France to deliver first warship to Russia
- UN: "No safe place for civilians" in Gaza
- Typhoon deaths rise to 151 as China reports more