France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- Hong Kong democracy street battles rage on
- Mexico captures leader of gang suspected of student massacre
- GSK: Ebola vaccine development progressing at "unprecedented rate"
- Sweden boosts forces to search for "foreign underwater activity"
- Cubans, U.S. troops could work side-by-side in Ebola fight
- Power out, trees fall as Hurricane Gonzalo crosses Bermuda
- Egypt signs with six international firms to dredge new Suez Canal
- U.S.-led strike kills 8 in ISIS-held Syria town
- Morocco says Algerian soldier fired on Moroccans at border, summons envoy
- Turkey drops corruption case that dogged government