France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- Thousands flee as Russian-backed offensive threatens to besiege Aleppo
- Court accepts indictment against jailed journalists Dündar, Gül
- UN panel says WikiLeaks’ Assange should be freed immediately
- Germany’s Merkel to travel to Turkey, discuss new migrant exodus
- Japan volcano erupts, nearby nuclear plant unaffected
- Health officials want more Zika samples, data from Brazil
- Seoul, Tokyo vow to shoot down North Korean rocket debris
- Turkey holds first meeting to draft new constitution
- Gülen seeks to dismiss US lawsuit, says it is ‘pure political theater’
- WikiLeaks' Assange 'unlawfully detained' in Ecuador embassy, UN panel says