France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- IS executioner 'Jihadi John' named by media
- Journalist on trial for ‘insulting’ Erdoğan says prosecution now part of ‘nature of journalism’
- Amnesty International warns Turkey becoming authoritarian toward critics
- Charlie Hebdo team bites back with new issue
- 4 years after Egypt revolt, jails clogged with activists
- Eight dead in gun rampage at Czech restaurant
- Blasts hit two Nigeria bus stations, at least 27 dead
- Merkel welcomes Greek 'starting point'
- Nine detained as they protest much-criticized security bill before Parliament
- IS kidnaps 90 Christians in Syria