France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- WHO: Number of Ebola cases passes 10,000
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- South Korea group launches anti-North leaflets amid threats from Pyongyang
- Mussolini air raid shelter opens to tourists
- Jack Bruce, bassist of 60's band Cream, dies at 71
- Canada's Parliament Hill reopens following Wednesday shooting
- Kurdish militants kill three soldiers in southeast Turkey
- Ukraine leader seeks support for pro-Europe course
- Cameron furious over EU surprise bill
- Two US states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones