France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- Gag order on graft commission’s work sparks outcry, media defies ban
- WHO: Number of Ebola cases nears 16,000 as Sierra Leone loses ground
- NATO sees Russia ready for Ukraine incursion
- National Guard, police curb Ferguson unrest as protests swell across U.S.
- Egyptian inquiry into political violence seeks changes to protest law
- Hong Kong riot police clear protest site, arrest student leaders
- Deforestation drops 18 percent in Brazil's Amazon
- First gene therapy drug sets million-euro price record
- South Asian leaders don't sign expected agreements
- Colombia FARC free 2 soldiers, vow to release general by weekend