France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- Turkey working on defusing tension with Moscow after Russian jet downed
- Prosecutor seeks up to 20 years in jail for Nokta magazine’s editors
- Tunisia declares state of emergency after bus blast kills 13
- Brussels schools, metro reopen under tight security
- New AK Party Cabinet staffed by Erdoğan loyalists
- Turkey to UN: Russian planes violated our airspace
- US House passes bill to slow Syrian refugees
- Turkey shoots down Russian warplane near Syria border
- VW cuts 1 billion euros from 2016 investment plan
- New regulation allows closure of critical universities