France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- Colombia's FARC rebels suspend unilateral ceasefire over air strike
- ISIS threatens ancient Palmyra ruins
- Ukraine, EU sign credit agreement worth USD 2 billion
- Merkel: Still 'a lot to do' for Greek debt deal
- State Department releases first Clinton emails
- Cholera outbreak kills 27 Burundi refugees in Tanzania
- Opposition offers change of policy in Egypt, Israel, Yemen, Libya
- Governor declares emergency as California cleans oil spill
- US, Britain fine six top banks nearly $6 bn for forex, Libor abuses
- Iran rules out nuclear inspections of military sites