France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- WHO chief: Ebola out of control but can be stopped
- 12,000 evacuees return after Taiwan gas explosions
- 35 killed in Gaza; Israeli soldier feared captured
- Ukraine: Body parts retrieved at jet crash site
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Poland marks 70th anniversary of Warsaw Uprising
- Doubts surface about India's Modi after trade deal scrapped
- US employers add 209K jobs, rate rises to 6.2 pct.
- Celebrities tweeting for peace in Gaza
- OSCE to observe presidential elections in Turkey