France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- Amnesty International expresses concern over state of journalists in Turkey
- Demirtaş: Eastern Turkey in no condition to hold elections
- Ukraine ceasefire undermined, EU extends sanctions
- 18 Turkish workers kidnapped in Baghdad by gunmen
- Kerry pushes to broaden support for Iran deal
- Second foreigner held over Bangkok bomb
- Budapest main train station closed to migrants
- Ukraine reels from clashes as third policeman dies
- Police raid İpek Media Group in AK Party-led media crackdown
- Press rights groups call for Turkey to release Vice News journalists