France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- Turkey's Davutoglu named new premier
- Pakistani protest leader says talks with government suspended
- Ukraine's Poroshenko talks tough ahead of meetings with Merkel, Putin
- Thai army ruler named prime minister
- South Korean ferry mourners tire of activists seizing their cause
- Bank of America settles mortgage probes for $16.65 bln
- 2 American Ebola patients released from hospital
- Israeli airstrike kills 3 senior Hamas leaders
- British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- Liberian police shoot to disperse Ebola protest, toll hits 1,350