France: Qatar to join Libya operation within hours
PARIS (AP) - A French defense official says Qatar will join the international operation against the forces of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi within hours.
French Defense Ministry spokesman Laurent Teisseire says Qatar warplanes will join the operation alongside French jets.
He says the Qatari contribution will come "in the hours to come."
He spoke to reporters in Paris on Sunday.
- New Saudi king seeks to reassure on succession and policy
- Signs emerge of major Ukraine rebel offensive looming
- Syrian air strike on rebel area kills more than 40
- Ousted Thai PM Yingluck banned from politics, faces criminal charges
- Opposition plans to appeal to top court to cancel graft vote on Bagis
- ISIS deadline on Japanese captives passes with no word on fate
- Hollande, leaders call for investments in the green economy
- Sierra Leone lifts Ebola quarantine measures amid progress
- Argentina's Fernandez says prosecutor's death was not suicide
- Ousted Thai PM challenges rice subsidy impeachment case