Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Police, intel agency warn of suicide attacks as TSK bombs ISIL, PKK targets
- EU: Greece, creditor talks in Athens started
- Obama challenges Ethiopia on democracy
- NATO to convene in wake of ‘heinous terrorist attacks’
- Turkey approves use of air bases by US, coalition against ISIL
- Tiananmen dissident launches Taiwan election bid
- Top court says prep school ban violates right to education
- 'Drifter' gunman kills two, injures nine in cinema rampage
- US defence chief in Iraq for talks on war against IS
- At least 18 dead as cargo ship hits party boat north of Cairo