Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Police raid İpek Media Group in AK Party-led media crackdown
- Ukraine reels from clashes as third policeman dies
- Budapest main train station closed to migrants
- Second foreigner held over Bangkok bomb
- Press rights groups call for Turkey to release Vice News journalists
- Police seek new suspects in Bangkok blast as more bomb materials found
- Exports continue to suffer following 16 pct. decline in July
- CHP’s Kılıçdaroğlu says Erdoğan control inevitable in election government
- Deadly clashes in Kiev over autonomy plan for rebel regions
- 71 migrants perish in Austria truck tragedy