Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Netanyahu denies split with US over speech
- New target of gov’t oppression: Outspoken journalist Baransu
- Tens of thousands march for slain Russian opposition leader Nemtsov
- Kerry, Lavrov in 'hopeful' talks as Ukraine toll tops 6,000
- Supporters rally for embattled Argentine president
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock on 'Star Trek,' dead at 83
- UN cultural body appeals to ICC over Iraq heritage destruction
- Soyuz-2.1a carrier rocket blasts off
- German Parliament approves Greece’s bailout extension
- Amnesty International warns Turkey becoming authoritarian toward critics