Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Major powers agree to 'cessation of hostilities' in Syria
- Trustees seize control of more Gülen-inspired schools
- Greek parliament ratifies TV licensing bill amid controversy
- US says November elections in Turkey did not meet standards
- EU poised to restrict passport-free travel in Schengen area
- TÜSİAD: Intolerance towards freedom of expression should be overcome
- Researchers find new Zika clues to birth defect in fetus
- NATO ships ordered into Aegean Sea to curb migrant smuggling
- Scientists detect Einstein’s gravitational waves for first time
- Davutoğlu: Turkey spent up to $35 billion on Syrians