Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Blatter defends corruption actions ahead of FIFA vote
- Turkey’s banking watchdog seizes Bank Asya in politically-motivated move
- US drops Cuba from list of state sponsors of terrorism
- Buhari sworn in as Nigeria president after historic win
- Car bombs at Baghdad hotels kill at least nine
- Thailand hosts talks on Southeast Asia migrant crisis
- Judge who ruled for Karaca's release arrested
- Hospitals overwhelmed as India heatwave deaths near 1,500
- Putin condemns US over FIFA probe
- UEFA president demands FIFA's Blatter to resign