Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- Kurdish fighters killed in Syria buried in Turkey
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Nigeria truce is shaky, no news of abducted girls
- Kosovo granted provisional Olympic recognition by IOC
- Official WHO Ebola death toll near 5,000
- US expands Ebola checks; Rwanda to check Americans
- NATO intercepts Russian jets over Baltic Sea
- Bomb outside Cairo University wounds 10
- Brazil protects giant swathe of Amazon rainforest