Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Canada vows tougher laws as citizens worry in face of attacks
- Governor of Mexican state where students disappeared stands down
- WHO: Millions of Ebola vaccine doses ready in 2015
- Two US states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
- Venezuelans brace for slump in oil prices
- Queen sends her first tweet, signed 'Elizabeth R'
- UEFA punishes Serbia, Albania for stadium disorder
- Kurds reject Erdogan report of deal with Syrian rebels to aid Kobani
- Brazil's president widens lead in polls ahead of Sunday vote
- U.N. rights watchdog calls for open elections in Hong Kong