Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Thousands gather in Gallipoli to commemorate those lost in battle of Çanakkale
- Southern Chile covered in ash after volcano erupts
- Europe says progress 'not sufficient' for Greece debt deal
- EU summit to consider military action over migrant crisis
- Saudi-led coalition keeps up strikes on Yemen rebels
- White House: Two Al-Qaeda hostages killed in US operation
- Turkey criticized for press freedom violations at European Parliament event
- France: 'Imminent' church attack foiled in Paris
- Erdogan: IS 'virus' seeks to destroy Muslim world
- Thousands of Ethiopians march in government rally over IS killings