Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- US evacuates embassy in Libya amid clashes
- Malaysian prime minister to travel to Netherlands
- Turkish court orders arrest of 12 more police officers in wiretap probe
- UN finds second black box of Air Algerie jet
- North Korea fires short-range missile into sea
- Protestors march on Ebola center in Sierra Leone
- Ukraine launches offensive to retake Donetsk
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce
- Venezuela's Maduro combats dissidence among ruling socialists
- Lufthansa, Air France to resume Tel Aviv flights