Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe, 90, becomes African Union chairman
- Bomb blast at Shiite Muslim mosque in Pakistan kills 56
- Canada to criminalize public terror threats
- Kurd allies fighting ISIS in north Iraq hampered by rivalries
- ECtHR releases 2014 figures: Turkey’s violations account for more than the other 46 states combined
- Woman fires machinegun at Istanbul police post, no casualties
- Alibaba meets with China regulator, controversial report retracted
- European shares enjoy best month in over 3 years
- Attacks kill 19 people in Iraq
- EU to extend existing Russia sanctions over Ukraine