Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Germanwings crash co-pilot hid 'illness' from airline
- Turkey passes tough new security bill
- IPI report: Democracy ’at risk’ in Turkey
- Saudi Arabia pounds Yemen rebel camps
- Muiznieks condemns sentence against cartoonists, urges Turkey to decriminalize defamation
- Saudi Arabia launches strikes on Yemen rebels
- Amanda Knox to learn fate in Italy murder conviction
- Netanyahu apologizes publicly for Arab Israeli remarks
- Egypt signs up to Ethiopian Nile dam, citing trust
- Australian geologists uncover largest asteroid crater on Earth