Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Belarusian Alexievich wins 2015 Nobel literature prize
- Turkey appeals for NATO to keep Patriot defense systems
- Digiturk stops streaming critical TV outlets
- Twitter faces block in Turkey over Fuat Avni’s tweets about Bilal Erdoğan
- European Commission’s progress report on Turkey expected to highlight positive aspects
- FIFA suspends Blatter and Platini for 90 days
- Turkish-American scientist among winners of 2015 Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- PACE concerned over Turkey’s media, political suppression
- MSF calls for independent inquiry into US attack on Afghan hospital
- Russian warships launch rockets on ISIL in Syria