Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Samanyolu’s Karaca challenges arrest decision in final statements
- Police urge crowd standing vigil in front of Istanbul courthouse to leave
- U.S. sends four Guantanamo prisoners home to Afghanistan
- N. Korea proposes joint probe over Sony hacking
- WHO: Recorded Ebola deaths top 7,000
- Putin says Russia won't be intimidated over Crimea
- EU survey reveals growing Turkish distrust of government
- Turkish court orders arrest warrant for cleric Gulen
- ECB's Constancio sees negative inflation rate in months ahead-magazine
- NY Times Op-Ed:Turkey’s Descent Into Paranoia