Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- UN: Syria death toll tops 190,000, rights envoy raps world powers
- Draghi: ECB can't do it all, governments must act
- Ebola spreads in Nigeria; Liberia has 1,000 deaths
- MH17 bodies returned as Malaysia battles fallout
- Rains raise search risk after Japan landslides
- U.S. considering taking fight against ISIS into Syria
- Hamas executes 18 alleged collaborators in Gaza
- Iraq militants kill 64 in attack on Sunni mosque
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border
- South Korean ferry mourners tire of activists seizing their cause