Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Turkey shoots down Russian warplane near Syria border
- Putin calls Turkey’s downing of Russian jet ‘stab in the back’
- Turkey to UN: Russian planes violated our airspace
- New AK Party Cabinet staffed by Erdoğan loyalists
- Turkey's businesses call for reform to maintain judicial independence
- Belgian soldiers patrol Brussels during lockdown
- AK Party’s Kahraman elected new speaker of Parliament
- US House passes bill to slow Syrian refugees
- New regulation allows closure of critical universities
- CHP leader slams unlawful trustee appointments to leading companies