Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Pope leads Easter mass at Vatican
- Underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week
- Russia writes off 90% of N.Korea debt
- NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
- 14 killed in Syria mosque blast
- Algeria's ailing Bouteflika wins re-election
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital