Putin: Libya Intervention Is like 'Crusades'
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin on Monday likened the U.N. Security Council resolution supporting military action in Libya to medieval calls for crusades.
"The resolution is defective and flawed," Putin told workers at a Russian ballistic missile factory. "It allows everything. It resembles medieval calls for crusades."
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast
- Ukraine's Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out of car and at cafe
- Offensive in Somalia sees militants flee 5 towns
- Libyan parliament sacks prime minister
- UN: 5.5 million Syrian children affected by war
- Death of Turkish boy hurt in protests triggers further unrest
- Deadly rebel ambush stokes Indian election worries
- Elephants prove discerning listeners of us humans
- Over 95 pct of Chinese cities failed to meet environmental standards