Syrian clashes spill across into Lebanon
Lebanese security officials say clashes in Syria have spilled across the border into Lebanon.
Two Lebanese officials, one from the police and another from the military, say the clashes on the Syrian side of the border started on Tuesday afternoon in the Mashareaa al-Qaa area.
Both officials said bullets struck the Lebanese side of the border. But the officials said no troops have crossed over into Lebanon.
- Suicide bombers kill over 60 people in northeast Nigeria
- S. Korean parliament adopts resolution condemning DPRK's rocket launch
- Train crash in Germany kills at least 9, injures 150
- Hong Kong activists, police clash over holiday street food vendors
- WFP: Some 3.6 million Haitians are facing food insecurity
- Coast guard : 27 migrants drown as boat capsizes near Turkey
- Japan volcano erupts, nearby nuclear plant unaffected
- UN panel says WikiLeaks’ Assange should be freed immediately
- Germany’s Merkel to travel to Turkey, discuss new migrant exodus
- Thousands flee as Russian-backed offensive threatens to besiege Aleppo