Syrian clashes spill across into Lebanon
Lebanese security officials say clashes in Syria have spilled across the border into Lebanon.
Two Lebanese officials, one from the police and another from the military, say the clashes on the Syrian side of the border started on Tuesday afternoon in the Mashareaa al-Qaa area.
Both officials said bullets struck the Lebanese side of the border. But the officials said no troops have crossed over into Lebanon.
- American journalist beheaded in video
- Israel, Gaza militants trade fire after talks fail
- Militants attack major air base in eastern Syria
- Turkey's Gul reveals Davutoglu as new prime minister
- Liberian police shoot to disperse Ebola protest, toll hits 1,350
- Opposition leader Khan opens talks with Pakistan gov't over protests
- UAE ruler approves lengthy counter-terrorism law
- ICRC team enters eastern Ukraine to smooth way for Russian convoy
- Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- Argentina car crash kills 3 relatives of pope