Syrian clashes spill across into Lebanon
Lebanese security officials say clashes in Syria have spilled across the border into Lebanon.
Two Lebanese officials, one from the police and another from the military, say the clashes on the Syrian side of the border started on Tuesday afternoon in the Mashareaa al-Qaa area.
Both officials said bullets struck the Lebanese side of the border. But the officials said no troops have crossed over into Lebanon.
- CPJ report: Turkey world’s 10th most dangerous country for journalists
- Putin says Russia economy will be cured but offers no remedy
- Media freedom R.I.P.?
- Sony cancels N. Korea movie in apparent win for Pyongyang hackers
- Suspected Boko Haram gunmen kidnap 172 women, children in Nigeria
- Zaman daily’s chief editor charged under anti-terror laws
- Pakistan buries victims of school massacre
- Obama: US re-establishing relations with Cuba
- Erdogan to EU: Mind your own business
- U.N. Security Council renews cross-border Syria aid authorization