Syrian clashes spill across into Lebanon
Lebanese security officials say clashes in Syria have spilled across the border into Lebanon.
Two Lebanese officials, one from the police and another from the military, say the clashes on the Syrian side of the border started on Tuesday afternoon in the Mashareaa al-Qaa area.
Both officials said bullets struck the Lebanese side of the border. But the officials said no troops have crossed over into Lebanon.
- NATO declares "strong solidarity" with Turkey
- Obama warns African leaders who refuse to step down
- Libya court sentences Kadhafi son, eight aides to death
- EU: Greece, creditor talks in Athens started
- Tiananmen dissident launches Taiwan election bid
- Turkish warplanes bomb IS targets in Syria
- US defence chief in Iraq for talks on war against IS
- At least 18 dead as cargo ship hits party boat north of Cairo
- Burundi counts votes after controversial presidential polls
- Turkey bolsters border as policeman shot dead