Syrian clashes spill across into Lebanon
Lebanese security officials say clashes in Syria have spilled across the border into Lebanon.
Two Lebanese officials, one from the police and another from the military, say the clashes on the Syrian side of the border started on Tuesday afternoon in the Mashareaa al-Qaa area.
Both officials said bullets struck the Lebanese side of the border. But the officials said no troops have crossed over into Lebanon.
- New Saudi king seeks to reassure on succession and policy
- Signs emerge of major Ukraine rebel offensive looming
- Ousted Thai PM Yingluck banned from politics, faces criminal charges
- Syrian air strike on rebel area kills more than 40
- Hollande, leaders call for investments in the green economy
- Opposition plans to appeal to top court to cancel graft vote on Bagis
- Saudi King Abdullah dies, new ruler is Salman
- Yemeni president quits, throwing nation deeper into chaos
- Argentina's Fernandez says prosecutor's death was not suicide
- Ousted Thai PM challenges rice subsidy impeachment case