Syrian clashes spill across into Lebanon
Lebanese security officials say clashes in Syria have spilled across the border into Lebanon.
Two Lebanese officials, one from the police and another from the military, say the clashes on the Syrian side of the border started on Tuesday afternoon in the Mashareaa al-Qaa area.
Both officials said bullets struck the Lebanese side of the border. But the officials said no troops have crossed over into Lebanon.
- Juncker: 'No' in Greek referendum would be 'no to Europe'
- Tunisia to boost security, arm tourist police after attack
- Israel snubs UN rights body over Gaza war report
- Cairo bomb kills top Egypt prosecutor
- One decapitated in terrorist attack on France gas factory
- Deadly Pakistan heatwave shows signs of easing
- Iran's Khamenei restates 'red lines' for nuclear deal
- French PM: US must work to repair relations after spy claims
- World Bank announces $500 million for quake-hit Nepal
- Officials: Pakistan heatwave deaths close to 700