Syrian clashes spill across into Lebanon
Lebanese security officials say clashes in Syria have spilled across the border into Lebanon.
Two Lebanese officials, one from the police and another from the military, say the clashes on the Syrian side of the border started on Tuesday afternoon in the Mashareaa al-Qaa area.
Both officials said bullets struck the Lebanese side of the border. But the officials said no troops have crossed over into Lebanon.
- Hong Kong riot police clear protest site, arrest student leaders
- Egyptian inquiry into political violence seeks changes to protest law
- Colombia FARC free 2 soldiers, vow to release general by weekend
- Iran leader approves further nuclear negotiations
- 7 senior officials arrested in Thai police scandal
- Report: British intelligence could not have stopped soldier's murder
- Mexico's government poised to unveil law and order measures
- Iran nuke talks face obstacles even with more time
- Hong Kong attempts to clear unruly protest site
- Bahrain holds its first major vote since unrest