Syrian clashes spill across into Lebanon
Lebanese security officials say clashes in Syria have spilled across the border into Lebanon.
Two Lebanese officials, one from the police and another from the military, say the clashes on the Syrian side of the border started on Tuesday afternoon in the Mashareaa al-Qaa area.
Both officials said bullets struck the Lebanese side of the border. But the officials said no troops have crossed over into Lebanon.
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum
- World Bank: Ebola could drain blns of dollars from African economies
- Russia welcomes special status for eastern Ukrainian regions
- Turkey weighs establishing ‘buffer zone' against ISIL threat
- Senate: China hacked military contractor networks
- Judge in Pistorius trial faces criticism
- Israel says mortar fired from Gaza in first since Aug 26 truce
- Nine killed, 30 wounded in new clashes in Benghazi
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels
- Dempsey: If campaign fails, ground troops possible