Syrian clashes spill across into Lebanon
Lebanese security officials say clashes in Syria have spilled across the border into Lebanon.
Two Lebanese officials, one from the police and another from the military, say the clashes on the Syrian side of the border started on Tuesday afternoon in the Mashareaa al-Qaa area.
Both officials said bullets struck the Lebanese side of the border. But the officials said no troops have crossed over into Lebanon.
- Turkey vows to fight ISIS, coalition strikes near border
- Hong Kong's leader believes protests could last weeks
- Palestinians: Israeli occupation must end in 2016
- Mexico's probe of army slayings raises doubts
- More bodies found on Japanese volcano; toll now 47
- Obama, Modi tout potential for deeper econ ties
- Recovery of Japan volcano victims suspended amid signs of rising activity
- Afghanistan, US sign long-awaited security pact
- EU keeps Russia sanctions in place, sees "encouraging" signs
- World's 1st bullet train, made in Japan, turns 50