Syrian clashes spill across into Lebanon
Lebanese security officials say clashes in Syria have spilled across the border into Lebanon.
Two Lebanese officials, one from the police and another from the military, say the clashes on the Syrian side of the border started on Tuesday afternoon in the Mashareaa al-Qaa area.
Both officials said bullets struck the Lebanese side of the border. But the officials said no troops have crossed over into Lebanon.
- UN cultural body appeals to ICC over Iraq heritage destruction
- IS executioner 'Jihadi John' named by media
- Baby stolen in South Africa 17 years ago found
- Journalist on trial for ‘insulting’ Erdoğan says prosecution now part of ‘nature of journalism’
- 4 years after Egypt revolt, jails clogged with activists
- Eight dead in gun rampage at Czech restaurant
- Blasts hit two Nigeria bus stations, at least 27 dead
- IS kidnaps 90 Christians in Syria
- Freedom House says security package undermines democracy in Turkey
- AKP rejects proposal to probe ‘parallel state’