Diplomats Gather for TCC Iftar in New York
As Muslims continue to celebrate Ramadan, dignitaries from around the world gathered in New York City for a special Ramadan dinner...and are recognizing the Turkish Cultural Center in New York...for promoting cross-cultural events...that they call priceless.
Members of the Consulates General and UN Missions recently came together for an Iftar dinner at the Turkish Cultural Center or T-C-C in New York.
The program kicked off with the video presentation about Ramadan.
In his address, Vice President of T-C-C, MEHMET KILIC welcomed guests and said fasting is the main element of Ramadan. He also emphasized the importance of charity during the Holy Month.
Abdoulaye Traore with the Permanent Mission of Mali to the UN said he was heartened by the news that Turkiye was helping with aid efforts in the famine-struck Horn of Africa.
President of T-C-C ZAFER AKIN elaborated on the organization's goals and said he hoped to strengthen Turkiye's relationship with the US and the rest of the world.
Ambassadors and Consul Generals from across the world attending the event, thanked the T-C-C for organizing the dinner and providing participants with valuable information about Ramadan and Turkiye.
- German central bank: Economy to improve 'markedly'
- Syria, Israel Exchange Fire On Golan Heights
- White House counsel kept IRS probe results from Obama
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Fire chief: search almost complete in Oklahoma after tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- Assad: Syria transition talks are internal matter
- Suspected US drone in Yemen kills 4 militants
- Rome Protest Turns Up Heat On New PM Letta