A Turkish court issued an arrest warrant for U.S.-based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen whose followers are accused by President Tayyip Erdogan of leading a terrorist plot to seize power.
- Turkish court orders arrest warrant for cleric Gulen
- EU survey reveals growing Turkish distrust of government
- Dumanli: No turning back from democracy, freedoms in Turkey
- Media freedom R.I.P.?
- CPJ report: Turkey world’s 10th most dangerous country for journalists
- Putin says Russia economy will be cured but offers no remedy
- Sony cancels N. Korea movie in apparent win for Pyongyang hackers
Construction of new homes fell slightly in November, reflecting weakness in construction of single-family homes.
- US home construction drops 1.6 percent in November
- Weekly US unemployment aid applications fall to 294,000
- Government: Gas to average $2.60 next year
- US adds 321,000 jobs, the most in nearly 3 years
- IMF head warns of bumpy road for Latin America
- ECB puts off stimulus decision amid oil slump
- U.S. jobs, services sector data underscore economy's resilience
U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, starting a visit to Ebola-hit states in West Africa on Friday, urged their people to set aside traditional practices like washing the dead by hand so as to help end an epidemic that has killed nearly 7,000 people.
- UN chief visits Ebola-hit West Africa
- 14 charged for roles in meningitis outbreak
- Sierra Leone to search for Ebola cases in capital
- In Newtown, mental health problems still emerging
- Ebola vaccine trial halted temporarily after joint pains
- Sierra Leone area to hold 2-week Ebola 'lockdown'
- Sierra Leonean docs strike again over Ebola care
Science & Tech
U.N. talks on a new global warming pact went into overtime Saturday as negotiators considered a draft agreement that environmentalists complain fails to clearly define the responsibilities countries are due to accept at a key summit in Paris next year.
- UN climate talks head for watered-down deal in Lima
- U.S. FAA grants four companies permission to use drones commercially
- Judge orders Uber to cease operations in Spain
- Report: Threatening email sent to Sony employees
- NASA's Orion craft hits high point of 3,604 miles
- UN weather agency: 2014 on track for hottest year
- England's King Richard III identified with DNA
Turkish Americans gathered in Chicago to protest the recent apprehension of journalists and filmmakers in Turkey.
- Turkic-Americans Protest Journalists' Detentions
- Brooklyn Assemblyman Concerned about Media Crackdown in Turkey
- Turkish Media Outlets Seized
- Mass Protests in Turkey Support Victims
- Opponents Condemn Turkish Police Raid
- Turkey: A Year Since Corruption Probe
- Turkish Prosecutor: 2010 Police Raids Payback for Defamation, Media Coverage
The Most Popular Videos
- Osama bin Laden