Scotland voted to stay within the United Kingdom, keeping the 307-year-old union.
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns
- Ebola lockdown brings Sierra Leone capital to a halt
- Congress backs Obama on aid to Syrian rebels
- France strikes ISIS' depot in Iraq
- Lawyer: EU court agrees to hear Berlusconi appeal
- Sarkozy returns to politics, offers France new start
- Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India
PepsiCo Inc.'s CEO Indra Nooyi has made a double-edged statement on the NFL's problems handing domestic violence, calling some players' behavior "repugnant" but saying that Commissioner Roger Goodell is "a man of integrity."
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Turkey announces strategy to bolster EU accession bid
- Wall St climbs ahead of Fed statement; DuPont jumps
- Europe stocks slip as Fed jitters eclipse M&A fever
- France breaks 2015 deficit-cutting promise
- U.S. job growth brakes to eight-month low, labor force shrinks
- European shares hit 6-1/2 yr high as ECB ramps up stimulus
The government said it will rewrite sweeping new food safety rules after farmers complained that earlier proposals could hurt business.
- FDA tweaks food safety rules due next year
- White House calls for task force to tackle antibiotic-resistant bugs
- Sierra Leone to shut down for 3 days to slow Ebola
- UN: Nearly $1 billion needed now to stop Ebola
- WHO pleads for more healthworkers to combat Ebola
- Long-awaited diet pill gets U.S. approval
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
Science & Tech
Apple's latest phone lured throngs of gadget lovers, entrepreneurs and early adapters to its stores in New York, San Francisco and other cities around the world in the latest sign of strong initial demand for the new, larger generation of iPhones.
- Apple faithful line up for latest, larger iPhones
- Alibaba symbol of China's new tech giants
- iPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Study: Mice given human brain gene learned tasks faster
- New iPhone 6 Plus pre-order shipments to be delayed by a month
- Erdogan approves law tightening Turkey's Internet controls
- Apple pushes digital wallet with Apple Pay
The House of Representatives votes to authorize the training and arming of Syrian rebels to confront ISIL, backing President Obama after he personally pleaded for support. Ebru's Kyle Schmoyer is live with the latest.
The Most Popular Videos
- Osama bin Laden